My Blog List

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My parents gave me very good advice about high school and there was some things that were advice on what to do and advice on what not to do. I was very interested in what they had to say. My dad told me a bunch of things that that he didn't do in high school that he advised me to do and I had to pull him aside and tell him dad times have changed and it is the 21st century. Overall my parents gave me some very good advice and I will try to utilize that in my upcoming high school years.

My dad told me that a mistake that he made in high school was that he didn't start thinking about the career that he wanted until he was a senior in high school and so that put a lot more stress on his life because he had no idea what classes to pick in college and so he just had to experiment his freshman year and see what path that he wanted to take for his career. So the advice that he gave me was to figure out what path that I want to take in my career now so that I can take classes in high school to prepare for the classes that I will take towards that career in college. As of right now I already know what career I want to get into and that is I want to follow in my dad's footsteps and become a carpenter. This helps because next year I am going to take classes that will prepare me for apprenticeship school in college.

Some "Don't do," advice that my mom gave me is to not overload myself with very challenging classes and electives. She said, " Yeah some people think that they can just get them over with but she said that in that process it makes your freshman year so much harder than it is put out to be and will overload you with so much unneeded stress. You have four years to complete high school and so she told me to spread out my classes and take them year by year.I will try to take this advice to better my high school years and make them a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment